May 18, 2019

The Girl in the Tower

One day. One day I'll stop trying to read books during finals week. That wasn't this week and it certainly won't be next round. Because why not be self-destructive? It's, and I can't stress this enough, fiiiiiiine.



Today, after long 10-20 page intervals, I finished The Girl in the Tower. After Vasya has to leave her home or be put to death, she decides to be a traveler. She realizes it's harder than it seems and Morozko helps her out a bit. Masquerading as a boy for convenience, she tracks a band of bandits and saves some girls. This gains her the favor of the king but causes her siblings to have to lie on her behalf. Then the rest of the chaos ensues.

I'd like to start off by saying that I really need either Morozko to become mortal or for Vasya to become immortal so they can be together. They'd be so good together. I realize this is a feminist series about a girl finding her own way in a time when girls aren't supposed to have any way, but I still want them to have some sort of relationship. I'd prefer romantic, but I guess I'd be okay with a bromance. I do like how this fairy tale breaks away from the normal fairy tale and makes Vasya the hero of her own story. She figures out how to save everyone. She's the one who found the bandits. An overall, good story. If I had read it all in one go, I'd have liked it better, but I couldn't. Stress makes me not be able to focus. Then I had this coffee incident. . . but that's not what we're talking about.

Actually, I don't have much to talk about, because it literally took me like, two weeks to read this book. Am I ashamed? Yes. I'm ashamed of me. But there's nothing I could have done. I had papers to write, exams to study for, and all that jazz. If you want some insight on the book maybe. . . go read it.

Ship: Vasya and Morozko

8/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment