May 1, 2019

Alex, Approximately

Hi,

Welcome to we're not drowning yet, even though we should be, because we're an English major. Or maybe I just don't care. That wouldn't be good, because I have two years and four more rounds of exams to go. I feel all good though, because I bought my work people donut holes, and I bought this girl coffee, and I figured out how to talk to this other girl. So everything is maybe working? Who knows.

I finished Alex, Approximately today, by Jenn Bennett. It's this cute story about this girl named Bailey, who's a film buff. She made this online friend, Alex, and they bonded over the movies they like. Then she moves to the same town as this guy, to live with her dad, but doesn't tell him about it, even though he's been bothering her about coming to this movie festival with him. So, her dad sets her up with a summer job and she meets this other boy, Porter, who's a bit of a dick, but sweet. So she's juggling these two guys and summer romance things happen.

You may be confused, as this isn't a fantasy book, unless you consider romance books fantasy. I read this book for a few reasons. One, my sister read it. Two, I thought it looked interesting. Three, I needed a lighthearted, easy read after finishing the monstrosity of emotions and events that was The Dark Artifices. If I read another heavy book like that after those, I would burn out and not finish it. This way, I had a little break, and it was a good one.

It was sweet and fun and both weren't as perfect as the other perceived. I thought it was wild how she didn't know he got bit by a shark though. . . Also. I'd have liked it if in the summary of the book it didn't tell me who Alex was. That isn't found out until the end. It would have been more fun if I thought the people she thought were Alex along with her. Instead, I just watched her fumble around like a silly girl when her mans was there. The dynamic between Porter and Bailey, which is what we really care about, was a ten for ten. I also like how we learned to grow and stuff. Ugh. It's just really cute. I enjoyed everything about it. Go read it while you're on the beach or where ever. This is definitely a beach book. Though, I wouldn't know what's a beach book or not, because we don't go to the beach. Whatever, bye. I have other books to read.

Ship: Bailey and Porter

8/10
~Book Panda


No comments:

Post a Comment