April 29, 2019

Queen of Air and Darkness

Hey,

It's me, harboring conflicted feelings and listening to Cryaotic play Pokémon Platinum on a randomizer at https://www.twitch.tv/cryaotic. He's a gem. You should check him out.

Anyway, what we care about. I finished Queen of Air and Darkness, the final book in The Dark Artifices trilogy. There's. . . so much happening in this book. Basically, the first 200 pages are the Blackthorns grieving over the unnecessary death. Then, Emma and Julian have to go get the Black Volume out of Faerie because their government is corrupted as heck. They have to try and stop loving each other, but that's not new. Also, the Blackthorns have to go hide in their house. And, of course, they have to try and save everyone before they spontaneously combust, because the government is incompetent and prejudice.

I have so many feelings. I did only cry because I was happy and then sad about people's feelings. I'll kind of just go through some things. I did not enjoy soulless Julian. Normally, soulless people are hot, like soulless Stiles from Teen Wolf and soulless Sam from Supernatural, but I hated Julian. I wanted to just throat chop him. My threesome ship did some things, so that was definitely good. I love Ty more than anything, you know this, but I was a little annoyed at him in this one. I was rooting for Kit and he was one of the reasons I cried. He just. . . and he didn't. . . but he. . . huh. I hate that this book is so long and there's so much spoil material. This book is literally 893 pages. That's 2-3 books. Cassandra. No one told you to snap. OH!
This is from the book
THIS BOOK COMES WITH SOME ART! AND IT'S GORGEOUS. She SNAPPED snapped. Anyway. I'm glad Dru has more presence. I still love Ty, but I had to love Kit more. Because he had my feelings. Aline was kind of annoying. Hm. Giants are cool ;) Kieran's character arc is so good. Like, I hated him in the first book, and now I really like him. I also like how so many of The Mortal Instruments squad showed up. I love all of them with my heart and feelings.

Umm. I can't think of anything else without spoiling the whole book. It's so long. Go read it. If they don't have it in Portugal or wherever I'll write the country an angry letter on your behalf. I don't know Portuguese, but I'm sure they can feel the sentiment. Now I gotta decompress with a romance novel. Spoiler, we know who Alex is. See you later. Hopefully in a reasonable time. Finals are coming up and I have like three papers.

Livvy comforting Julian
By qissus
Ship: Emma and Julien, Kit and Ty, Cristina and Mark and Kieran, Alex and Magnus, Clary and Jace, Diana and Gwyn
Snake: Cohort, racists

10/10
Series: 10/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment