April 25, 2019

Lord of Shadows

Hello,

It's me. I was unable to sob, because my roommate, who I grow to despise with each passing day, showed up exactly as it happened. So I'll be crying myself to sleep instead. I did help cook today, which was fun. Love cooking with other black people, and I love watching all the other white people being confused about seasoning and stuff. Also. My roommate just got in the bed, got under the covers, and turned on her little iPad, instead of turning out the lights. I haven't gotten up since she came back. But. It's. FIne.

I finished Lord of Shadows today, with only two tears. Anyway, Emma has realized how perilous it is for Julian and her to love each other, literally, so she has devised a plan to get him to stop loving her. Through his brother. Then there's news of one of the Blackthorn friends getting executed in Faerie lands, so they all go off to rescue him. This starts a quest for The Black Book, a forbidden necromancy ridden book. Oh wait, there are also unexplained sea demons along the West coast? That's before the fae boy. The demons bring about a group of bigots, so that's always fun for them. Umm, yeah. I've had a lot of sugar tonight, and none of it is helping me in the brain department.

Normally, when I know things in books, it takes me a while to read them, because of nerves and everything. I couldn't do that with this one. Why? Because it's so good. Like, sooooo good. Ms. Clare has no right to this type of power. And yet, here she is. Anyway, Julian and Emma are still so good. Julian is the most heartless and heartwarming bitch, and I love him. Emma is fierce. We adore.  We finally get Kit! I adore him too. He's like Jace, but smol and good and less self-destructive. Also comes from a less loving home, and he kind of feels like Emma, like they don't really need her, but you know who needs him? Ty. You know who I love more than I love myself? Ty. Tiberius Nero Blackthorn deserves every single good thing in the Shadowhunter world. Everything. But Kit, he's so bi/pan and it's so good. He's so cute. I also have this headcanon that Julian is bisexual, but that's neither here nor there. Kit just needs somewhere to belong and a nice BOY. Maybe one with, black hair and gray eyes. Maybe one that deserves the world. And he can give him the world. TY. He's the sweetest boy and I love him so much. Ugh. I wish he was real so I can befriend him. I want to hear about his animal facts, dammit. There are not enough words to describe how much I adore Ty. Not enough. Also, I have a new thing. So, I'm not normally a polyamorous shipper. But. Cristina and Mark and Kieran? You can't have one without the other, and you can't cut one out without the other two being like, they deserve nice things. Sooooo. Cassie? There's like, 900 pages for triple relationship.
Julian and his baby baby
By taratjah

Okay. Here's what needs to happen in Queen of Air and Darkness, or I'm going to be upset. No more main deaths. Magnus. All the Blackthorns need to be okay. Ty needs to be okay. Then he needs to love Kit. And Kit needs to love Ty. And they need to kiss. If they become parabatai, I will literally fight the first person I see. Emma and Julian need to fix their curse so I can breathe again. Dru needs to find a friend, and not freaking Jaime, who's like 18, 19, 20. No. Baby, you're 13. Find a 13-year-old friend. Tavvy's kind of psychic. I want them to discover this. Clary needs to not die. If she dies Jace will be distraught, which means I will be distraught. I won't recover. I mean, I will, but he won't. I'll carry more easily accessible sadness around in my heart for all my days. It won't be okay. Zara and her father need to be beheaded pronto. I have other things, but I wanna watch this Spanish girl draw and play my Pokémon dress-up game. Bye, queens and kings. I'll see you when I see you.

Ship: Ty and Kit, Emma and Julian, Cristina and Mark and Kieran (my first poly ship?!?!), Diana and Gwyn
My Heart: Ty
Snakes: Zara, Manuel, Dearborns in general
No Longer Snakes: Diana, Mark,
I like: Gwyn

10/10
~Book Panda


No comments:

Post a Comment