April 12, 2019

Once a King

Hey it's me,

So stressed I'm calm because I keep procrastinating the 3.5 papers I have to finish this weekend. The half is not something I HAVE to do but is also something I have to do. Dion wants it, I gotta get it to her. But it's so bad that I don't really want to look at it ever again. But I must. *sigh*

Once a King is about this summit of competitions thing the land has to bring together all the leaders of all the different lands. Aodren, the king, is trying to figure out what's happening in his kingdom while trying to leverage his way to winning the summit to bring Malam together. Lirra is trying to figure out what her father is up to by finishing this job to the best of her abilities. Aodren is trying to welcome Channelers back into Malamian society, but there's this thing that's hindering the process. He asks Lirra for help and she's hesitant, but she's also nosy, so she helps.

Do you understand how many times I almost stopped reading this book? At least three. That's three too many. First of all, Erin had to audacity to try and kill of Leif, the best character in all of these books. I literally almost put this book in my bag to go back to the library and started reading about villains and whatnot. For the people, I looked to see if he lived, and he did. So I finished. Then, though this book was supposed to happen in the time span of about two weeks it was going so slow. I didn't care what was happening, I didn't care who was selling bad oil. I was sure it was her dad but didn't really care. Then there's the fact that Erin blatantly lied. I'm not gay, I'm ace but like, het-ace, which is kind of disappointing. But still. If you're going to tell the people there will be LGBTQ themes in the future and then there aren't, I feel offended, I'm sure they feel offended. There are just bad feelings all around. No one likes that.

Between all of that, I was just kind of fed up with this book. If I hadn't finished this book last night, I'm not sure if I would have. I had a villain anthology and The Dark Artifices in my shelf. Those are much more interesting. I have nothing else to say about this book. It didn't hit.

Ship: no
Like: no

4/10
Series: 5.7/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment