February 6, 2019

Empire of Storms

Hello, it is I, sadness,

Welcome. It's been days. Don't remember how many as I couldn't be bothered to check. Anyhow, how has your day or night or week or whatever? I'm a bit down because my Miami dad is leaving for Auburn and this book wreaked me, though not as hard as it did previously, AND they canceled the Australia study-abroad trip so I am no longer going to the Aussie land. I was really excited for that trip and I don't even really want to go anywhere else now. Australia was it. Then I was going to move there in like three years, find a bushman husband, and live my life with three dogs and a dingo, batting away everything that can kill me. But it's fine. I guess I can go next year.

Today I finished—and did not break down because ofEmpire of Storms. It was a whirlwind. Basically, all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together. Aelin is mad scheming, but no one knows it. Rowan is worrying about what he has to offer Aelin, when she doesn't want anything but him. Dorian is ruling a castle then trying to learn how to control his magic. Manon is wrestling with following the heart she didn't know she had vs. following orders. Elide is just trying to find Aelin. Aedion is being a grade A dick. And then things feel like they're starting to come together. And then.


Dorian
By:  Morgana0anagrom
I'll try to stay towards the front half of the book, in order to refrain from major major spoilers. Aelin is my queen. She does no wrong. She reminds me a lot of my dad, Marvel franchise Tony Stark. Everyone thinks they're arrogant and selfish and show-offy when in reality, everything they do is for the people they care about and they worry all the time so they hide it behind arrogance or sarcasm or whatever. They're sweethearts and I love them. Leave them alone. Rowan, always a love. I didn't realize that they didn't know until like the end end, and that makes me livid. Dorian. . . I love him. He's one of my favorites and I couldn't tell you why. He's a sweetheart too and he's gone through so much and he shouldn't have but he's doing the best he can, being a secret smart person. I love him. I also love Manon. She really out here, trying to be heartless, and everyone but her knows she isn't. But that's okay. Because next book, I'm almost certain we're going to get some feelings. Hopefully, they'll be the love type feelings, but any feelings would do. Elide, a sweet, wicked Elide. How great are you? The greatest. How's some tiny girl going
Manon and Abraxos
By: SNCINDER
to tame a whole male finally carved from centuries of rage in like three weeks? Only with greatness, that's how. And Lorcan? I think he can be sweet. He'll be sweet as heck in the next one. On my momma. I feel like I'm missing people? Well Aedion and Lysandra were there, but we only really saw Lys when she was being bae and transforming into animals. She's the best best friend though. Any time I saw Aedion, he was being a dick, so he's kind of on my poo list at the moment.

Rereading so far, I do wish there were more gay ships. I understand she started this series a while ago and maybe it was too hard to work that in, but I'd like at least one gay ship. That's not too much to ask at all.

Here's what I need to happen in the final book, because that's the only one I haven't read yet. This will be a true reading experience, though I forgot almost everything that's happened so far in these books. Anyway, here's what I need: no major character deaths, no animal deaths, all the sexy time, all the lovey time, my ships to sail (I'm desperately bailing water out of like four ships right now), Maeve being chopped into teeny tiny pieces, Erawan being chopped into equally tiny pieces, no one dying accept maybe a horse, Nesryn to be the queen of my life, Chaol to hurt himself aagain (lol, not really, but it'd be kind of funny), and for everyone to live. That's about it. The end is nigh, bruh.

Ship: Aelin and Rowan, Lysandra and Aedion, Manon and Dorian, Elide and Lorcan
Burn: Maeve, Erawan, Cairn, Darrow, probably someone else I'm forgetting

9.5/10
~Book Panda


No comments:

Post a Comment