February 26, 2019

The Dark Days Club

Hey. It's been a while.

I tried to read another book that was really boring. Like, I didn't even want to make a review for it. I also started a job, and I have a lot of stuff due all at the same time. College is so much work. But, here are some good points:

  • thank you, next freaking slaps
  • While We Wait, by Kehlani also slaps
That's all. And I finished a book.

That book is, if you couldn't read the title, The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (she also wrote the Eon series if her name sounds familiar). This book is about a Lady named Helen who never behaved as normal English ladies should behave. Then, a maid of her family's goes missing and she falls down a supernatural hole. This hole includes the love of my life, but cousin(?), Lord Carlston, superhuman strength, and demon-like possessions. It's a hard hole to navigate in 19th century England, but Helen's got this.

So. Stuff happened in this book. I read this book three years ago, and I remembered almost none of it. It was great. Anyway, I like Helen. She's sharp and sassy. I lowkey wanted her to do the thing at the end though, just to see how changed she'd be. As usual, with my rereads, I couldn't not like Carlston. He's a bit rough around the edges, but I adored him. I still do. Her brother, Andrew, can go home and her uncle can bite rocks. I despise that man with a passion. Ugh. I have so many issues with the past, so reading period pieces is sometimes a struggle for me, but once you throw in magic or fantasy or supernatural stuff and I'm in.

I have other feelings about this book, but I have a lot of things to do, so I gotta go. I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me. Go listen to Kehlani's album. It's really good. I love it so much.

Ship: Helen and William (Carlston), Darby and Quinn
Snake: Uncle Penworth, Andrew (lowkey), Benchley
Sweet: Millicent, Pug, Darby

7/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment