March 6, 2019

Always Red

Wow! Look who's back?

It me. You know, reading goes much quicker when I'm not stressed out of my mind and have time for extracurriculars. Crazy how that works, huh?

Always Red is the sequel to Caleb and Veronica's love story. After ending things with some dumb communication issues, Veronica is trying to win Caleb back. And then there are all of these things trying to pull them apart, but love prevails.

All right. This book? This was a whole mess. Like, I liked it, I think, but there were so many times where I was like. Bruh. For reals? Like, there's like five chapters in a row that take place in a single night and they go from making out to making these grand speeches to each other, and I'm like, [peep Rihanna] regular people don't talk this way. Especially not college students. And there were so many random speeches like this. And then Veronica suddenly turned into a water fountain? So. Much. CRYING. For no reason! And all this possessive stuff? Do not vibe. No vibes. You know the love story I really want? What the h*ck happened between Cameron and Kara? Why is he so tortured for no reason? Why the hell do I know more about freaking Justin than Cameron? I care about Cameron the most and he's rarely in either book. And how is Beatrice-Rose such snake, and no one knew except for the love of my life, Cameron? What reality am I in? Then there's this line, "Every time you break me apart, you put me back together. And I always come out better than before" which also confuses me. This was the only, if not the second chance he had for "ruining" him so I have no clue what he's talking about. They've been together for a whole three months. How much ruining can happen in three months? I feel like not that much. Then, this book turned into a bit of a smut-fest, and I didn't need that while sitting in my Geology class and lab.

This book is just unnecessarily extra in all the wrong ways. This book was very much not as good as the first. It's an easy read, and I could get through it. I think it was just dramatic enough while interesting for me to get it. It's not horrible, and you kind of need it to see if the ship sails, but it's sooooo much. Idk, dude. I feel like I need Colleen Hoover to destroy me so I can have hope in the romances again. Gotta remember this was a Wattpad story. Anyway, see you in 2-6 days.

Ship: Cameron and Kara, Veronica and Caleb(?)
Snake: Justin, Beatrice-Rose, all dads
Like: Damon, Cameron

6/10
Series: 6.5/10
~Book Panda



No comments:

Post a Comment