January 6, 2017

Me Before You

Hello bees,

I just want to say, I haven't cried like this for a long time. Empire of Storms came close, but the last time I cried this hard over a book was The Fault in our Stars. That book wrecked me. This did too. Not saying I haven't cried with other books. I just haven't cried hard over the others.

Me Before You is about an eccentric girl named Lou trying to find herself. She's just lost her job and with her family struggling, she really needs to be employed. Lou finally gets a job as a caregiver with Will Traynor, ex thrill-seeking money-grabber. Will is now a quadriplegic with limited use in one hand, yet Lou refuses to pussyfoot around him.

Basically it's one of those, girl meets boy who she never would have associated with before something happened to him and now their buddies. I loved it. Will was super snarky for no reason. Lou was sassy and quirky. Patrick was a bit of a dick, but whatever. I also kind of despised Lou's sister, but it's fine. It all works out.

Now you may be wondering, "Yo, Panda, there's a movie out. Are you going to--"

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

When I went to see The Fault in our Stars I literally started crying when they got on the plane to go to Amsterdam and didn't stop. I cried the entire rest of the movie. I had one tissue because I didn't want to seem weak. One tissue, a billion tears. I am not going to put myself through that again. I don't need this type of emotion. I'm already emotional as it is. Leave me alone.

But go read it. It's so good. It gave me so many feels and it was worth it. My tears were good tears. I mean I was sad, but when a book makes you honestly sad, that's good writing. Go look at it, government.

Ship: obviously Lou and Will

10/10 would recommend
~Crying

No comments:

Post a Comment