January 22, 2017

The Fate of the Tearling

Hello sapphires,

There's been a lot of struggle in the world. A lot of people are angry and there's just a lot of crap everywhere. So here's a little reprieve: I finished a book.

I just read The Fate of the Tearling, but honestly, it would just be confusing if I tried to give a summary. Like, Erika Johansen made such a complex first two books that me trying to tell you what happened would just ruin it. So go read them, then come back in two weeks.

Wow! You're back. So, this book was awesome. I would have finished it sooner, but education is a thing. I liked how decisions she made in the past came back and affected her in this last one. I don't know why exactly, I just did. I also like how we saw the backstories of some of the mystery characters. Of course, I'm still not sure why we learned Lily's story in the second book, but what do I know about story telling? I also liked how this series wasn't centered around a romance. I mean, I love that sort of thing, probably more than I should, but it was different. The only thing I didn't really like was the end. It made me feel hopeless. Like everything worked out, and it was good, but Kelsea seems kind of hopeless. It makes me sad.

Good series though. Go read them, it's worth it. Because you're perfect. And you deserve it.

Fun fact you didn't ask for: I am not going to watch the movie. Every time I've watched the movie of a book I liked, I was sad. Not in a good way. Sad in a I want to stab movie producers for not actually reading the book way. So yeah, not gonna do it. Fight me,

8/10
Series: 8/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment