February 17, 2017

Passenger

Hello travelers,

I did something different this time. Not only did I finish a book, but I re-read a book. I know, it's crazy. Don't get too worked up about it. It's not like I re-read all the books.

Since I like to imagine that my readers, if I had any, can read, you all know that I finished Passenger today. It's about a girl named Etta. She's just trying to get a feel for what her violin debut would feel like when she gets interupted by this God awful noise. A bunch of cringe-worthy bullcrap happens and the next thing she knows, she's on a boat. Just as a frame of reference, the Met is not on or by water. Then enters Nick, this pirate lad who's trying to figure out how to deal with the lady passengers on his boat. Of course, they go on adventures together, but they're of the time traveling variety, which makes it much more exciting.

I re-read Passenger because I got all excited that Wayfarer was coming out but then I was like, wait how did this happen? Who's Sophia? Aren't they a thing? Shouldn't they be together? Isn't he dead? Basically, I was very confused and I only read the summary. Lucky for me, the second time around was just as good as the first. Nick was still a grumpy sweetheart. Sophia is still trash. Ironwoods still need to stop everything. It's all good. All the parts that matter were great. I did find myself confusing part of this book with another book, but that just means I have to go re-read that. Bummer. So upsetting.

Anyway, good book. Would recommend. Also, while I'm here, Alexandra Bracken wrote some other books that were amazing. I shed so many tears. Like, so many. So good. They're The Darkest Minds series. These are more of a magic realism type of series, so if you're into that type of thing, go check them out.

Ship: Etta and Nick fo lyfe
Despise: Everyone who tryna hold my ship down

8.5/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment