February 4, 2017

Public Enemies

You know, I think Ann Aguirre is a twisted, sadistic, little dick.

I was like, yeah. Imma try again, and it'll be great. This is a different book, she won't ruin my life again. Then it happened and I was like


So now I have to tell you what happened.

Public Enemies begins with the remains of the Kramer family still shocked by the death of Mama Kramer, understandably. Add that to the fact that Edie just found out that Kian only has a six months to live, and it makes for a hard holiday season. Then you have to factor in being under The Harbinger's thumb and the immortals sending in foot soldiers to come at her. It's just not a good time. Edie's trying, but not really because other stuff happens, to find a loophole for Kian and ultimately win "the game".

If you had a gander at my review for Once, you know what Ann did. Again. Why can't my ships just run off into the distance. I don't understand. This never happened in the Razorland series. At all. Bae lived to ripe old age and I rejoiced. Now I have to deal with this crap, sinking my ships.

Besides that, there was quite a lot of death in this book. So much so that I wasn't even sad about it towards the end. I was angry and then a little indifferent. That isn't very good, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. it was a good book. It just. . . could we hold off on the death? Like could that be a thing? We'll see. Wish me luck.

Ship: ????????????

7.5/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment