September 24, 2018

Anna Dressed in Blood

Hey Buffy the Ghostbuster,

What's good? How's life? School? Employment? I'm not sure which one fits best. You a wild creature I most likely made up. And that's okay. Talking to yourself is cathartic or something like that.

I finished Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, and I'm not quite sure how I feel. I'll explain later. In this book, my boy Cas is a ghost hunter, just like his dad. He and his mom travel where people send tips and he goes and takes out them ghosts. It's very Supernatural season 1. Normally Cas has no problems taking out ghosts, and he always works alone. Unfortunately for him and us loners, that changes in Canada. Even the lone wolves need assistance.

So, before I read this book, I was hesitant. Why? Because I tried to read a Kendare Blake book before, Antigoddess, and I hated it. I couldn't finish it. She completely messed up the mythology and my Percy Jackson loving self couldn't take it. Then, as I began reading this, I thought Cas was a female. That was entirely my fault because I neglected to read the summary before getting into this book. I'm kind of a mess, if you couldn't tell.

Anyway, Cas is dope. A brooding charming type. Then he, like, fell in love with the ghost he was supposed to kill? Like, when he initially sees her, he calls her a goddess, and I'm like. . . sir? Sir. Sam and Dean would never. He's a little wild, but that's okay. I forgive him. Carmel is a snake. There's something fishy about her and I don't like her. Thomas is great, I like him. He's the eager witchy puppy we all need. Will. *sigh* Will could've been great. I thought Will was going to be our friend. Then he was a snake. What the h*ck Will.

Anyway, this book is out of my comfort zone. I don't do ghost stories. I do faeries and angels and space and werewolves. This was still cool though. I think I may have been desensitized to spooks, because all the creepy/spooky parts I was just like, eh. But it was good.

Ship: Thomas and Carmel
Snake: Will, Malvania

7/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment