September 4, 2018

The Murder Complex

Hey Wards,

Hows it hanging? What? Did you think I was gonna leave you hanging again? I understand. I'm kind of unreliable, but it's okay. I'm back and probably the same.

Today I finished The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings (stop laughing, you child). It's about this future dystopian society (don't quote me on that) where natural death has been cured after a plague, known as the Plague, wiped everyone out. Of course, unnatural death is still a factor and there are hundreds of murders every day. Meadow Woodson and her family have been trained to survive. It's what she does best, no matter what the cost. Zephyr is an orphan, a Ward, but he has a nasty little secret. The two meet under weird circumstances and go fight crime together.

Don't you feel enlightened? Wow.

So. This was a pretty solid book. I'm not going to lie, the whole barcode, Pin in your arm thing kind of freaked me out. It's a little too real in this day and age. But I like how Meadow wasn't an oh-there's-a-boy-I-can-swoon-now type. I also love Zephyr with all my heart. He needs to be protected from everything, big and small. Koi, her brother, is kind of a dick. So's her dad. But it's fine. Go family.

Wait, you want content. For some reason, it took me a hot second to finish this book. I think that was more my fault than the books. The writing was pretty good and the storyline was really interesting. The short chapters kept me on my toes and I was kind of freaking out during this little chase scene that happened because it kept flipping. It was pretty wild. I was shook. Anyway. Good book.

Ship: Zephyr and Meadow
Snake: Lark, Initiative

7/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment