September 19, 2018

The White Rose

Hi people,

You get two reviews in two days. How does it feel? You know, I considered updating like once a week of all the books I had finished, but that would be me rambling for years and years. No one wants to read that.

(I just realized the cover has a bunch of shadowy girls on the skirts. . . it's not Halloween yet, Amy)

The White Rose is the second book in The Lone City trilogy. Violet is trying to escape the Jewel, out of necessity, with her boyfriend of five seconds and her bffl Raven. A big portion of the book is them trying to get out of the Jewel without being caught. Then there's some revolution stuff.

In terms of learning about human cruelty, this one wasn't as extensive but still pretty bad. We learn that not only the girls are treated poorly, but the guys too. It infuriates me to no end, but I didn't almost rage quit like last time.

I liked that this book wasn't super relationship-centered, especially because Amy did a horrendous job of making there be a relationship in the first book. This one, they were just out there supporting each other. It was cute.

I also enjoyed Garnet's character development. He out here, living his life, caring about stuff. It's inspiring. Wow. The excellence. Glad Violet is learning her true heritage, becoming the Last Airbender and all that jazz. I don't know. That's all I have to say really.

I had to be in an arena with way too many people for a whole hour and I still haven't fully recovered. #introvertsbewild Anyway, good book. Not great, just good.

Ship: Garnet and Raven
Snek: Ash's dad

6.5/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment