September 27, 2018

Girl of Nightmares—DNF

Hey blah blah blah,

Here's a summary of Girl of Nightmares so you can check it out and not get mad at me for only ranting about things you don't understand. Go read it if you want. I don't care. Do your thing. I just read a summary of what happens, so I know how it ends. Ha! Should I give you access to the spoilers? I don't know. Doesn't sound right.

So. There are a few reasons I didn't finish this, despite being 65% finished with it. One: I'm on my way to rereading the Red Queen series, so I can read War Storm in all of its glory. I like to have my knowledge of characters and events fresh when I read conclusion stories. That's why I've started waiting until series are over before I read them. It's easier for me to process. Anyway, Mare is. . . that bitch so I am very eager to see what's up again. Another reason is that all the characters except for Cas and Thomas were annoying me. The last one is that there was no ghost hunting. Like, Cas, I love you, but all that's happening is pining. If I wanted pining, I would have read a book where the two meet, have ONE DAY together and then can't get into relationships with anyone else because they're "in love". That's nothing I want to read. So I stopped.
Now. It's time. It's time for my character rant. Are you ready? Of course you are, you made it this far.

Carmel, Carmel, Carmel. I knew you were a snake. She gave me bad vibes in the last book, and now she's finally shown her true colors. I didn't like how the first thing she was trying to do was to get Cas to go out with this girl he clearly has no interest in. Like, that's not cool. If you're really his friend, you'll let him at least try and make his own decisions. When Cas first started having visions, her first reaction wasn't, "oh, what could be causing this, you're pretty normal besides the ghost stuff." No, her first thought is, "you should see a psychologist, you could be developing schizophrenia." Girl. What in the actual h*ck are you on? Schizophrenia is so extreme, and you just assume your supposed friend is mentally unwell, even with all the ghost crap you've seen? That just shows how much faith you have in him. Then, THEN, instead of having a discussion with your friends about how all the ghost stuff might be too much for you, you ghost them? And then you don't even have the decency to talk to them away from you're little popular group, you're just like, lol, I'm going on a date WITH THIS OTHER GUY. That's messed up, especially because she and Thomas were more than friends. Whole entire snake. Then, instead of talking to Thomas, she goes to Cas' house. Like, what? And then she has the further audacity to show up in London with them and be like, "why didn't you tell me you were going to London?" Like, bitch, you broke up with them. Why should they tell you anything? God. Entitled people annoy my last nerve. Insufferable. Hate her. I'm also mad because apparently Thomas and Carmel get back together. My little, wrinkled witch boy deserves much better than her. She just threw him away because she couldn't handle some ghosts. No one invited you to come hunt ghosts anyway. You're useless.

There were more characters that bothered me, but talking about Carmel has riled me up, and I don't need these feelings. I'll make it quick. Jestine and all the adults in Cas' life=snakes.

4/10
Series: 5.5/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment