September 8, 2018

The Death Code

Hey. . . people,

How's it hanging? Guess what happened? I read a whole book. I finished a book. Wanna know what's it's called? You'll never get it.

Wow, you're so good at this game. That's right, I read The Death Code, the second book in the series The Murder Complex. In this one, Meadow has given herself up to the Initiative so her family has a chance of being found. Zephyr escaped with Lark, Meadow's mom. Now Lark is MIA and Zephyr is doing everything he can to free Meadow before it's too late.

Now, this was the second book. Sometimes the second one isn't as good as the first. This was not the case. The Death Code was just as fast paced and just as wild as the first. There was a lot going on in this one, but it still worked. I got through this one much faster and I was kept on the edge of my seat, just like before.

I think dear Lindsay could have played up Meadow's insanity more. After going through intense torture or whatever for a month as a whole sixteen-year-old combined with the knowledge of her fate would make anyone crazy, no matter how strong. I know Meadow is supposed to be this hard, unfeeling chick, but just saying "I am my mother" over and over didn't really show the crazy. I don't know, that might just be me. We love an insane queen.

I did like that Zephyr showed reservations about following Meadow to find her family. He knows she isn't mentally stable and that she isn't the same girl he fell in love with. Despite all this, he's willing to fight for her and believe in her an help her remember who she is. It's cute. Then again, what can you expect from a boy who fell in love with a girl because she straight threw him after he snuck up on her? Nothing but devotion.

Ship: Zephyr and Meadow
You're annoying: Sketch
Please turn in your life certificate: Lark, the Initiative, former American gov't

7.5/10
Series: 7.25/10
~Book Panda

No comments:

Post a Comment